Craddle Cap

my son is 11 months old and has craddle cap its not very bad but how do you get rid of it and keep it from getting worse?

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is going to sound gross and silly. I was told to use olive oil. Rub it on there and let it sit on there overnight or til next bathing time. The longer the better. When you give her a bath take a soft brush and and rub it back and forth over the head. This worked great for my daughter and pretty much took care of it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I used baby oil on both my kids it worked so good!! I would put some on their head before baths and then brush their head with a soft baby brush and it just came right out! Good Luck that cradle cap really bothered me, it will be gone before you know it!!
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 3:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I tried baby oil and the cradle cap care meds. Neitehr worked. I put vegetable oil on it and after 3 treatments, it worked it was gone and i had been fighting one little spot for months
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My parents used Baby oil on my head and I used it on my son's head. That helps break it up. Leave it on the head for a good hour. Then give the baby a bath using Johnson and Johnson Moisturizing Baby Shampoo. That works wonders on infant and toddler's dry scalp. Do this everyday until it clears up! All the best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Olive oil or would be better than the baby oil most people use. Baby oil is a petroleum product and I never put petroleum products on my kids. They can be absorbed through the skin and are know carcinogens. Burt's Bees baby oil is apricot oil.

Johnson & Johnson products are horrible. Read the chemicals in them. For my grandbaby I use Kiss My Face Obsessively Natural Kids Self-Foaming Shampoo & Body Wash with no parabens, no artifical colors or fragrances (orange u smart).

If you wait until the child is sweating you can take a small comb and comb it off. I used to do this when my kids would fall asleep nursing. They didn't like baths and hair washing a lot.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Soak a little in baby oil and comb with fine comb. Repeat this about 2-3 times over two weeks. This is what I did and I did it while baby was in the bath.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Vaseline worked for my son
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 5:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My sons ped told me to use selson blue shampoo once and it should clear up. i was afraid that the chemicals were to harsh for him but it got so baad that i finally broke down and used it. after washing his hair with it once he never had another issue.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i also used the selson blue. just be sure not to get it in their eyes. it works really good.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010