How do I get my two year old not to take off her diaper?

My two year old keeps taking off her diaper when it's poopy and smearing it everywhere. This has happened 4 days in a row. She's even gotten spanked... I don't know what to do at this point. She's almost nevr out of my sight... as I'm a stay at home mom. But give her 5 min to her self... and it happens.

McKennasMom1207

Asked by McKennasMom1207 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• Potty train her her.

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Maybe ask her to keep it on and reward her with a cookie or something she likes iif she doesnt take it off.
    MaddyAndLanie

Answer by MaddyAndLanie at 2:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• As cute as she might look with just a diaper on you might want to have her wear a pair of shorts or continue to decline her and keep telling her no no. It is just a phase though...;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• ummm yeah potty train her. it's definitely time
    Anonymous

• Well she's already using the potty to pee, but she's having trouble realizing when she has to poop. Also... she just wear clothes... She's even figured out to get a onsie off.
    McKennasMom1207

Answer by McKennasMom1207 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i think its potty training time
    Anonymous

• ok... I've got the potty training thing... and really.. she's been using the big potty for almost 6 months. Just not always to poop. She doesn't seem to get that one... but we have been working on it. I mean even when we go out she'll tell me she had to potty. She's really great about it. Even most of the time to poop. It just seems like sometimes she's go back in her room when I'm busy and do this. I'm kind of at my wits end. I can not keep her in my sight 24 7. I have an infant as well and a house to take care of. I'm almost tempted to put her on a leash. lol.
    McKennasMom1207

Answer by McKennasMom1207 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My daughter is 3 and doesnt do poop on the potty still, my 2 yr old will do the same as ur baby and take her diaper off full of poop, i just ask her not to and to tell me when shes done and I will change her, seems to work she will get a treat and she likes that..
    MaddyAndLanie

Answer by MaddyAndLanie at 3:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• She's ready to be potty trained. It's time to put her in pull ups or big girl underwear and start potty training her. When they take off their diaper due to peeing/pooping in it, then that's a sign they are uncomfortable wearing a dirty diaper. Which means they're ready to start using the potty. Get some tips from moms on here who have potty trained their children, because it can be a rough ride.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• she does it bc shes uncomfortable, you shouldnt spank her for that.. imo. just keep up the potty training, she needs to learn.
    lovelyy504

Answer by lovelyy504 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010