Any other old Dead Heads on here?

...or am I the only one? I'm all grown up now, married and a mom of two. I have surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus and hopefully I'm making better choices now than I used to (you'd have to ask people who know me, lol!). I'll graduate as a Registered Nurse this coming December. I love my life now, and I'm glad I was able to have so much fun when I was younger (I didn't become a mom until age 35). I still love the Dead/Jerry Garcia Band music.

Anyone else?

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 3:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, ma'am. :) I came into them later after I met my husband. I always leaned more towards Janis Joplin and old school jazz like Thelonious and Parker. But obviously the whole free form jam band vibe fit me very well once I was introduced to it. I never toured (since I had a DD by the time I REALLY got into it) but DH toured for many years. I've seen their other incarnations though in The Other Ones, Lesh and Friends and The Dead. Gotta get out to more dates though. Doesn't feel like summer without seeing them. :)

deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I love the Dead, but wouldn't call myself a dead head. Just a huge fan.
    Anonymous

• i'm 29, not exactly an elder, not exactly a youngen lol but yes I consider myself a dead head. I was pretty young when I got into them, in fact around the time Jerry left us, but I did see "phil and friends" and "the dead" live. I havent been to any live music venues since my son was born but hopefully one day we will
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• not too old... i took my daughter to a show for her 3rd birthday (16 years ago...)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I loved the Dead when I was younger (I'm 40), we used to go see them all the time, hearing the Dead always makes me think of summer =) But once Jerry died that was it for me...I still like them and listen occassionally, but I would not consider myself a Deadhead. For those of you who like jam bands, check out Railroad Earth, you won't be disappointed =)
    Anonymous