What would you do?

OK so I'm 23 and I don't drive. Well for a number of years I have had problems with my stomach. It started acting up again just last week so I asked my mother to take me to the hospital. Well the last I would say 10 times i have asked anything from her she has said yes than something has come up! Anyway so she promised me she would take me. She said how bad she felt that she wasn't here to hug me and make me feel better. Well I call her at around 12 PM after I had been up since 6:30 AM in pain. I mean to wehere I could not move!! My DD was great(she's 2 1/2) she wasn't up until about 10 and watched a movie so I could rest. Anyway so I told my mom I do not want to talk to her or have her around em right now because I am soooooo pissed that she will nto take me to see a Dr when I am in sooo much pain I can barely function! What woudl you do?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Is calling a taxi an option? A friend or other family member? A church member?

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Is she your ONLY way to get there? if you have been having these pains for so many years, you should make an APpt and arrange for someone else to take you on that day. Don't keep asking favors from people who constantly let you down. they will ALWAYS be who they are - you just need to stop relying on them - mother or not -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Have your hubby take you? Er wait you can't can you?

Get your license? Call a taxi? Call the ambulance?
    Anonymous

• Anon. I am not married but Itink you know that huh? Anyway, it is not about her not taking me I
    mgoing tomorrow I do have a way tomorrow. It is my mother!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Ok, hold on there Little Darlin' just bc she's your mom doesn't mean she has to provide for you the rest of your life. You are a grown woman with a child and have to learn to be independent. I have a dd who could take me to the doctor since I gave up my car but I don't bother her. She has a life with her family. I ride the bus to my doctor appts. I taught both my daughters to NOT depend on others. Depend on yourself. If you are disabled then call for the medical transportation bus and they will pick you up. If you live near a bus line then ride a bus. Call a cab. Talk to a neighbor. Take responsibility for your own life and wean yourself off mom. She has a life. She's not responsible for you anymore.
    Anonymous

• Anon, really? If you said don't worry honey I'll take you to the hospital because you are in pain and it is effecting your everyday life, and than don't do it, that is OK? Really. She is my mother she wanted to have me. I do not ask her to support me, I asked her to take mye to the hospital not the mall!!! Really! If you really think that it is OK for my mother to leave me in the dust in pain than I feel for your children and hope they never need you!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Be grown up and handle my business....since you don't drive, keep on hand money for a cab to the dr's and back...that way, you're not asking anyone to go out of thier way...nor or you depending on anyone..
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• You've alreayd learned you cannot count on her.

There is an old saying: Fool me once, shame on oyu. Fool me twice, shame on me."

She's fooled you MORE than twice. You need to find your own way. Don't expect things to change. They WON'T.

If you just want someone else to tell you she's wrong, yeah. She's wrong. But you knew that.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• mom, the point is she told me she would not only take me but watch my DD. How was I suppossed to go to the Dr to find out why I am in so much pain while chasing my 2 1/2 year old DD?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010