is this eczema?

both my hands broke out with thses itchy little bumps in between my fingers. it's not red and the bumps are tiny, maybe a millimeter bigh but there are a lot of them and they itch like hell when i sweat. is it eczema? if so what can i do to get rid of it and if not hen what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• It could be. If your hands are dry, lotion may help. It can be from allergies. If lotion has something in it you are allergic to then lotion may make it worse. I'm allergic to several chemicals that are often in lotions. Eczema can also be from food allergies.

You can also try hydrocortisone cream. That may also have things in it you can be allergic to and it can make it worse. Eczema can be difficult to manage if it's from allergies.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• sounds more like contact dermatitis rather (something like poison ivy) than atopic dermatitis (eczema)
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 4:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i had this and it's called hand eczema. it's not real eczema, but it's from having too much contact with water. i went to the dermatologist about it and that's what they told me. they also gave me some special creme/meds. to put on there but it burned so bad i just threw it away. since it's caused by water, i stopped washing my hands so often and only when i absolutely needed to. i also made sure to put on a good lotion (i like cetaphil bc it is not greasy like eucerin) and if it gets really bad with open sores like mine was, you can put on the lotion and sleep with cotton gloves on at night. that healed it up really fast. once it is healed just remember to limit exposure to water (like wear rubber gloves if you are washing dishes), and don't scratch it (i know it's itchy but that just makes it 1000 times worse). also, don't break the little blisters.... that makes it flare up and itch.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Shea Butter
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• No, it is definitely NOT eczema. I have the same reaction when I use sunscreen or when I've been working out in the garden. I think you came across something that's causing the reaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2010