ovulation

i have tried like every ovulation method and calendar on the web. each one says i ovulate on a different day! So my question is what site has THE BEST ovulation tracker? i do watch my CM, Im not sure of my Luthal (sp) phase but my cycle is 36 days long.

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 3:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Please do not rely on what web sites tell you. Every woman is different. My best suggestion is> Buy ovulation kit ( they sell cheaper one online, like amazon), because sometimes if you go from what the Web says you might end up missing the day you actually ovulate. I know this for fact. Every time it said that I would ovulate on day 13 up to 15, but guess what? I found out I was actually ovulating on day 10. big difference right? If you don't have intercourse every day, you might miss your most fertile day. Also, when you test, make sure you test in the morning and in the afternoon, that way for sure you won't miss it. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart CP, CM and BBT. If you are charting CM there is NO REASON to use those silly and HIGHLY inaccurate ovulation calculators.

Ovulation Predictor Kits are NOT a good choice because they do not actually predict ovulation. They predict LH surges which can happen several times a month even when you not about to ovulate.

They are a HUGE waist of money. Charting is MUCH more accurate and less expensive.
    Anonymous

• 8:31PM..... Don't try to be all smart and rude at the same time by saying how Ovulation predictor kits don't work, how do you know? It might have not worked for you but it has worked for me and for many of my friends. ALSO, "what a lie when you say " They predict LH surges which can happen several times" Girl you don't know what you are talking about. All I was telling the person is that the Ovulation predictor kits worked for me, now you come and say that they are a waste of money....Honey....you are an idiot.
    Anonymous

• Actually I'm NOT an idiot.

They DO NOT predict ovulation. The DO detect the LH surge that preceeds ovulation. READ THE DAM PACKAGE FOR PETE'S SAKE!

AND an LH surge CAN happen several times a month EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT OVULATING. It took us a long time to get pregnant with our DD. This is NOT my first rodeo sweet heart.

I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. They are a waist of money when a 10 dollar thermometer and CM checks can give you a MORE ACCURATE detection and confermation of ovulation.

It's is YOU who are an idiot and quite uneducated on the subject I might add.

You should pick up a copy of Taking Charge Of Your Fertility too.

Maybe then you won't make yourself look like a moron by spouting off things that are simply NOT TRUE.

LEARN ABOUT HOW THE FEMALE BODY WORKS and quite frankly the little tests you are so fond of.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP.

LH surges can happen multiple times a month. I learned that in a fertiity seminar I went to. I used to spend 20 dollars a month on OPKs until I went to that seminar. I ended up charting with FAM which is what Tony talks about in the book mentioned above and found out the OPKs were off by more than 5 days!

I was missing my ovulation every single month. I got pregnant the first month I charted. I like the chartnig advocate now. LOL. I tell everyone...CHART CHART CHART. LOL

They said at the seminar that women with PCOS, women who've come off of birth control in the last year, women who've had irregular cycles since coming off the pill no matter the time frame and breastfeeding women are more likely to have several LH surges per but that it can happen to any women.

Anonymous

• Definitely start charting. Fertility Friend is a great site for tracking your cycle. I second (or third, I'm not sure where I sit on this one) getting a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. You'll learn so much about your body, you'll be able to use FAM as birth control when you're not ready for more kids, and you'll never have to buy a pregnancy test again.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:44 AM on Jun. 4, 2010