holy crap......

my mom's ex of like 30 something years ago is talking to her on facebook ... idk what all she's said to him but he mailed her a letter today to my house & i opened it and inside was a card some pics and a check for $100. he said "buy yourself something pretty until i can do it myself" he also said "i know we're meant to be and i can't wait to hold you again my love" WTF?! my mom has been with my dad since she was 15...why don't this dude go away? idk what 2 do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell her anything that comes to you in the future will be returned. She has put you in a terrible spot to be a part of this deception of your father. She really needs to come clean with whatever she is doing here.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• well.. stop opening you mom's mail for starters
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i told her if he sends it to my house, it's my mail...since she lives 30 miles from me & i'm not being a part of her games
    Anonymous

• you act like it's all his fault...she's the one that gave out your freaking address!? Does that not seem crazy to you?!
    Anonymous

• what does her living 30 miles away have to do with it, do they not have mail there?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Its not your mail, you really shouldn't have opened it. I understand your concern and your not wanting to be part of it.Maybe you could have just wrote on the envelope "Return to Sender" ?
    Your mom is a grown woman.She has her reasons for doing what she is doing, whether you want to agree with them or not. My mom has done some CRAZY stuff and there were times I was so mad at her, at one point, I didn't even talk to her for over a year.Then I grew up a little and realized ..hey..she's older than me..she's lived life...she is a grown woman,she has earned the right to do as she pleases without me trying to control her.Of course, I don't have to always agree...but I choose to simply mind my business at that point..just as I would want her to do when she doesnt agree with something I do in my life.
    Thats the best advice I can give you.Just let it be.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• thank you kimberly... i know i shouldn't have opened it BUT i don't want her bringing me in the middle b/c she is still married to my dad, who is good to her..yeah he can be an ass but can't they all? and peanuts- yeah she has mail but I TOLD her that if it comes to my house, i'm reading it so she knew i would ..and to anon, i didn't say it wasn't her fault too jsut said idk what all she told him... it makes me sick to think she's treating my daddy like this
    Anonymous

• then just put RETURN TO SENDER and stay out of it, or tell her to fess up or you will
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I remember you posting that this man and your mother met on facebook, etc...and you asked for advice and didn't follow it...if you would've followed the advice given to you, you NEVER would've opened the letter. Your mother is wrong for having any type of relationship with any other man and bringing it in your face. If she wants to rekindle old romances, she shouldn't do it so you know...opening her mail was wrong but what's done is done...take all that anger and address it to the person that deserves is...your mom....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• She should have you arrested for opening her mail.
    Anonymous