staph infection-need advice!

Okay this may be a no-brainer, but im hearing different things! Im supposed to start babysitting a toddler my sons age (13months) and his mom told me yesterday that he has staph in both ears, because of constant ear infections & hes busted his ear drums...just the word staph infection makes my skin crawl! But i told her i hope it goes away fast so they can come over & play, and she said it wasnt contegious...!I was doing research last night and some people were saying yes, some no..so what do you think? should i hold off on keeping him till hes clear or is there no harm in him being with my son?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call your son's ped and ask him/her what she thinks and if it's safe to have your child and whoever else including yourself around that child.
    Anonymous

• Have her bring something from her son's doctor saying it's okay for him to be around other kids and he's not contagious. His doctor is more familiar than yours on what he has and would know.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I AGREE WITH THE TWO LADIES, DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE, THAT IS NOTHING TO PLAY AROUND WITH. IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD NOT TAKE HIM UNTIL THIS CLEARS UP. IF SHE DOES NOT LIKE THIS TELL HER TO GET SOMEBODY ELSE TO WATCH HIM...
    Anonymous

• It is contagious until he has been on his antibiotic for a full 24 hours. But, I wouldn't trust another mom to consistantly give her child every dose of the antibiotic during those 24 hours to ensure her child wasn't contagious. Instead, I just wouldn't bring my child around staph.
    Anonymous