An Independent?

Someone posted that the Republican rating went up recently..... I have no link....it's on the Cafe somewhere, nor did I check to see if it was true.

But just wondering when it's time do you think we will get an Independent President? I know that would be dependent on who was running!!

It seems to me that the divide between the Dems & Reps is getting greater and greater, so just curious what others thought :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would love for another party to emerge. I don't agree with either the Republican party or the Democrat party. Both have terrible flaws, and both are riddled with paid-off politicians.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Unfortunately, in order to win you have to pander. Pandering = Money and votes. Money and votes= winning. It's the system that is broken.

Inde, Repub, Demo- all will pander in order to win.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I WISH an independent party would have a chance! I think a lot of people aren't educated on the the third parties that run. I voted for Bob Barr in the last election, but of course he had no chance.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• LOL Not in my lifetime.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Don't know, never thought I would see a black president in my lifetime, so I can't say.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• 4:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 by: Sisteract
    Unfortunately, in order to win you have to pander. Pandering = Money and votes. Money and votes= winning. It's the system that is broken.

Inde, Repub, Demo- all will pander in order to win
    *****************************
    That is true. Politcs is always the same for all parties and it probably will never change.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

Would you have been equally surprised had a woman won the Democratic nomination and been elected POTUS?

Anonymous

• anon 8:26

Yes I would have been equally surprised since I have lived through 14 presidents and they have all been white men.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• A lot of states don't even allow you to vote for an Independent for president. I didn't vote 2008 because I didn't want McCain OR Obama. So no, I don't think an Independent would ever win, unless the states changed that.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• There are SO many third parties, ladies! About 2 dozen that are active right now and I keep hearing about new ones starting up. The ONLY way third parties are going to gain more traction is if you join them, donate to them, work with them, and help them gain a higher profile.
    I own a group here called Third Party Americans and it's meant as a place to find information about the many third parties active around the country, as well as a place to discuss issues from an independent point of view, all though there aren't enough members yet to really get those discussions going.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2010