How do you feel about the death penalty?

I just can't make up my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have a hard time with this as well. Our justice system is so far from perfect and there have been so many people who are exonerated years after they've been convicted. However, I know that I would want the criminal to face the death penalty if it was a crime committed against my family. But I would want the RIGHT person to pay for the crime. So...I don't know either.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 7:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have mixed emotions. On one hand I think that it's GREAT and a GREAT way to be punished for a horrible crime. On the other hand I don't believe in an eye for an eye and killing someone won't change the crime or bring the person back. So truthfully I don't know. Ultimately, it's not our decision.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'm for it. And I think they should speed up the process. Why spend 10-20 years on appeals and waste all the tax payer money. If there is clear evidence, dna, video, whatever, then do what needs to be done.
    Anonymous

• I think if all a person is going to do is kill kill kill, than why give them the privilege to even live? Like those serial killers who spend their entire lives killing people...they should definite die. But people who have done it once should just live with the guilt. In fact, I think they should have pictures of the victims they kill just to let the guilt set in.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Do unto others what you would have done to yourself................Yeah, if you purposely kill someone, you should share the same fate.

Anonymous

• I AM FOR IT, IF YOU WERE ABLE TO TAKE A LIFE THEN THERE LIFE SHOULD BE TAKEN. WHY LET THEM WASTE MORE TAX MONEY. I WAS CALLED FOR JURY DUTY, THIS PERSON TOOK THIS PERSONS LIFE FOR NO REASON JUST FOR FUN AND HE LEFT BEHIND A DAUGHTER HOW SAD IS THAT. I WAS SO MAD!!!AND UPSET!!!
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 438.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Im all for it and think we should use it more often....and we need to speed up the process as well
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• How do you feel about capital punishment?

Taking the law into your own hands and punishing those who deserve to be punish that the law allowed escape?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 4:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• It's too easy, for the criminal.
    Too time consuming
    Too costly
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010