OMG! My son just said, "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

He's 5 years old and asked if he could play on the computer. It's in my bedroom where the baby is napping. He's notorious for waking up the baby (who is sick btw) so I told him he had to wait until the baby was up from his nap. His reply was............."MOM! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!" I don't know whether to laugh because it was kinda funny or punish him for being a little smart ass.

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd be all over a small punishment (like no computer for the rest of the day) then laughing my butt off later when he couldn't see/hear.
    Anonymous

• That's the tactic I've gone with. Lately he's been such a smart ass. it's been so funny too, where he comes up with these things is beyond me. But I try not to laugh at him about it cuz I don't want him thinking that it's an appropriate way to handle something he doesn't agree with. But sheesh!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I agree with pp, Funny tho lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Wise ass! lol My daughter is only 23 months, but one time I was telling her not to do something and she looked at me, put her finger up to her mouth and said "Ssshhh" Too funny!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Its these new millinium kids. They are smart asses. My 2 yr old rolled her eyes and smack her lips at me the other day. I wanted to slap her and laugh at her.
    Anonymous

• My son tells me I am frustrating him, or I am being unacceptable. Love when your words come back to bite you lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2010