what is an obgyn educator????

the last time I saw the doctor was when I was 9 wks pregnant that's okay right I'm 15 weeks now and I set up an appointment for next week. My husband got a new job and it's a really good one but it requires him to work 7 days a week there are times he don't get home till 10 at night. I was just seeing clinic doctor and didn't like the treatment or the doctor he was very rude and I just felt all around uncomfortable. I finally got everything sent in to these baby suites that have good doctors and they excepted me but I can't pick a doctor till I see an obgyn educator. This will be my second baby and I didn't have to see an obgyn educator when I used this place when I was pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago so what is an obgyn educator and what all do they do and talk about. Is it okay to go this long not seeing a doc I can't remember how many appointments I had with my first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had to see an OB/GYN educator before having my 2nd child--it was a different hospital and state from where I had my first. Basically they just want to go over your intake papers, contact information, insurance information, and what you can expect in having your child at their hospital, who will be helping you at home--(including the layout of your home, where the nursery will be, number of stairs in your home, etc. which I found "odd!") after the baby arrives, if you have signed up for a LaMaze class. They'll give you a DVD/Video about newborn care which covered topics like Shaken Baby Syndrome, SIDS, and umbillical cord care, etc., plus a TON of flyers, pamphlets, baby product samples, and some coupons for things like diapers and formula.

At least that was what my educator went over with me. :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• yu only go see doc 1 every 4 weeks till u 28 weeks den its 1 time every two weeks u should b ok
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 7:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010