pregnancy friendly foods?

I find myself really nauseous around dinner time every night and its everything i can do to make dinner.. much less eat it. So what foods are easy on the stomach typically, or more importantly, dont taste horrible coming back up?

emt088

Asked by emt088 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used to get night sickness too, try ginger ale or ginger cookies... they helped for me at least, GL and congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'm 15 weeks with my second and I haven't found anything to help but I was diagnosed with hg. It used to be sick all day and now it's switched to first thing in the morning to a hour after I eat dinner and I'm sick the only thing that has seemed to work for me is breathing differently. Trying to calm my body I lay down on my side and take deep breaths through my nose and out my mouth and it seems to help so I can keep every everything down I take my prenatal at night to avoid being so sick during the day the my doc suggested but i still haven't found a cure for the first thing in the morning sickness. My hubby drinks coffee so did I but ever since I have been pregnant I can't stand the smell of coffee, especially when it's brewing i can't avoid the smell and my hubby been trying to quit smoking but it's not working yet cause if it were I probably wouldn't get so sick in the morning ciggy smoke and coffee really make me sick
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i lost 45lbs in beginning due to his but fruits were bttr tasting if they came up but they usually stayed dwn... crackers n smll portioned meals
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 7:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• fruit..... toast without butter...... chammomile tea. that's what i stuck with lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• To be honest, protein helped me . lean meats, eggs, and beans. That sounds weird, but it helped.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• This time around the only things that I know won't make me feel icky are popcorn and ginger-peach tea. Anything else has the potential to make things unpleasant for me. Last time it was the classic saltines and sprite.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2010