What can I do to get her to stop doing this?

My 2.5yr old has recently developed a new habit. She likes to take her brother's bottle and hold it upside down over his head and the rest of the living room. Twice today I have had to give him a bath, even after spanking, and time outs...she continues to do this. I can't look away for two seconds or she does this...what can I do. I even tell her before hand that she is NOT to touch the bottle and that if I find it in her hand, she will get a time out...and she doesn't care. I NEED this to stop...I can't handle it. I'm going crazy. What do I do? PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do the same thing to her see how she likes it smack her hand and tell her no
    Anonymous

• Put her in her room while you feed him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Are you serious? You spank her for milk? Unbelieveable and another step back for those parents who choose spanking as a dire warning of mortal danger- - here's a novel idea - while the baby has his bottle you HOLD him and give the bottle. When he has had enough you take the bottle to the kitchen. If you were BFing you can't take your breast of and give it to the baby. Why would you hand the bottle to a baby and walk away and expect a toddler - yes read it again a TODDLER with no concept of cleaning or washing to to whom a nice warm bath is fun, to leave it alone. He's a baby and needs to be held for his feed, and you are the grownup - don't expect a tiny child to understand why you don't want to wipe over the lounge room.
    Anonymous

• ^^^^^
    that
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• DO you have a recling highchair or something like that? Maybe you can strap your son in the highchair and lay it back while he drinks his bottle. I babysit a little boy that is about 3 months younger than my daughter and she would do that with his bottle too,lol. I didn't get mad about it though, I usually caught her right away and she'd take off running and laughing with his bottle,lol. So I started putting him in the highchair when he ate. He could hold his own bottle of course, he was about 9 months old at the time.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Answered at 6:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Are you serious? You spank her for milk? Unbelieveable and another step back for those parents who choose spanking as a dire warning of mortal danger- - here's a novel idea - while the baby has his bottle you HOLD him and give the bottle. When he has had enough you take the bottle to the kitchen. If you were BFing you can't take your breast of and give it to the baby. Why would you hand the bottle to a baby and walk away and expect a toddler - yes read it again a TODDLER with no concept of cleaning or washing to to whom a nice warm bath is fun, to leave it alone. He's a baby and needs to be held for his feed, and you are the grownup - don't expect a tiny child to understand why you don't want to wipe over the lounge room.

********************

THIS.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Can you put the baby in the crib or playpen, or in a separate room to drink his bottle? Maybe he could be in the living room with you, & she gets playtime in her room?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Why aren't you holding your baby and giving him his bottle?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

^THIS
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

^^^^
    THIS

Why would you EVER, regardless of age, leave a BABY alone with a bottle? It is a baby, and needs to bed HELD when he is fed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2010