when your cat has gone missing

and it looks like she won't be coming back. How long would you wait to replace her?

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Pets

• We have a cat...her name is Muffin. She was left here by its owner. She is a barn cat. I hadn't seen her in about 3 months and I figured the poor thing was hit by a car or killed by a coyote or somethign awful like that. But then one morning, I was sitting on my back deck drinking some coffee...and here she came, just stolling up,looking as fat and happy as ever,lol. You never know with cats.They like to travel, I guess,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i wouldnt
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i wouldent either, if you want you can have my cat..lol!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 6:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• one of my cats was gone for about 5 months once. It was a white cat, came back all skinny and black....must have been in someone's basement or something....I was SHOCKED to see him again.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'd say "replace" if you don't mind having two cats, if cat #1 comes back.
    kjrn79

• I'd never replace a pet but I would get another pet. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't believe you can replace a pet. And I'd only get another pet if I felt ready after the loss of the last pet.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 6:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My cat went missing in August 2009, and I still haven't replaced her. I think it's a personal choice, if you feel like you need another kitten/cat to move on and have someone new to love then you should get one. Personally, I have moved on ... I just don't feel ready to move on with a new cat.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Thanks for the stories of how your pets returned! it gives me hope, it really does :O)
    I know she can't be replaced. It is just too quiet without a cat, I need to replace the quiet I guess
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was also thinking that maybe someone took her in thinking she was a homeless cat.....I really wished I would have gotten her micro chipped
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• when i was a youngen our orange cat came back about a month of being missing all sick and died shortly after. we never knew what happened to him. i hope yours comes back healthy though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010