california moms

how much tanf do you get, how many kids? we are moving there and will start off homeless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• You might want to rethink California. Funding for social services is in SERIOUS danger in the budget. The last number I can find online is about $700/mo for a family of three. That was in 2005.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i have no choice, family emergency, my siblings are in custody, jobs is not the problem really, its getting establshed to continue and start work again.
    Anonymous

• also depends on area of california... northern california and southern california are very expensive. however, central california - san joaquin valley, from about Modesto to Bakersfield the cost of living is not quite as high or expensive. ie. 1 bedroom apt in southern cal or northern cal about $700, 1 bedroom in central cal - about $500. I have a 3 bed 2 bath apt for less than $800 in a decent neighborhood.
    Anonymous

• where is that? what city?
    Anonymous

• so what about foster children? are they in danger cause of funds?
    Anonymous

• that's about the rate anywhere between modesto and bakersfield.. not sure how familiar you are with Cali.. but modesto is closer to northern california (San Francisco) and Bakersfield is closer to southern california (Los Angeles)... Fresno is in the middle and is a good size city...there's also Merced.. as far as employment it depends on what you're looking for.
    Anonymous

• im a mystery shopper employment is not a problem, and my old boss is always open to make up hours for me too.

Thanks. for your help.
    Anonymous

• "so what about foster children? are they in danger cause of funds? "

Yes. ANYONE who is reliant on funds from the state is at risk at the moment.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My sister has a Nigerian patient who has been in the US for two weeks and is getting public aid.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2010