What do you look for ?

So i thought i would ask on here, what is it that you look for in a group on cafemom? What makes you want to be active within the group?

Lanie_momofone

Asked by Lanie_momofone at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Understanding, consideration, helpful advice tips, and opinions. Don't put anyone down, no bashing each other... etc.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• First it has to be a subject I am interested in... I don't do any general mom groups or general kid groups. I also don't join any groups where language or subject matter is limited - free speech is a huge deal for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• OK those groups that say you have to respond every 5 days or your out are ridiculous and I don't join those. I've joined groups that share my interests basically
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I like groups that are fun and active.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• OK those groups that say you have to respond every 5 days or your out are ridiculous and I don't join those.

Oh you should join them. The admins who are policing the posting have to do it manually so it's fun to make them work hard. It's their silly rule after all. I agree some groups take the participation rules too far. However groups aren't fun if no one participates. I have used the group maintenance in my groups but that only requires a member visits. I never require actual posting.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2010