Appendix or Kidney Stone

I've been having pains in my right side. Front and back both hurt. As the day has gone on my left side started to hurt. I'm not pregnant as I just went to the doctor the other day and hubby had a vascetomy so yeah not gonna happen. Have any of you had either a kidney stone or appendix problems? If so what were your symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• appendix will be severe pain but only on the right side. i don't think it's that but i would go to the dr. to see what it is.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• you would feel your kidney in your mid left or right back cause your kidney is in the back. i haven't had stones but i had a severe kindney infection b4 xmas. the pain was so bad i couldn't breathe and all of it was in the back
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I've had my appendix rupture.
    It began with a very bad pain on the right side...so bad that I had to walk on my tippy toes,lol.
    Couple hours later,my entire stomach hurt extremely bad and I was vomiting all night long. By 7 a.m. I had no choice but to go to the hospital because the pain was was so severe...and that was the entire abdomen, not just one side any more.
    Then the pain eased up...thats because my appendix had ruptured.
    No clue what it feels like to have kidney stones though.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Could be gallbladder & or pancreatitus.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I've had a kidney stone.

It seems kind of weird that one would make your left and right side hurt (unless you were unfortunate enough to have 2 going on at the same time).

Generally the pain moves from one side of your back (just below the ribs) downwards towards the center of your body as it goes into your bladder, then down from there as it passes down to your urethra.

They're also usually really painful (some are smoother and don't hurt so bad) but a lot of times, they'll floor you with the pain. I'm not the only woman to say that a stone hurt worse than child-birth.

Another good hint to tell if it's a stone is your pee will get cloudy or bloody.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010