UGh..I hate this!!! Am I being selfish!

My kids Spring choir concert is tomorrow night. Another mom just e-mailed me and asked me if I could help out with concessions at intermission. She said she wants to be able to see the whole performance cause her dd is a senior this year. Told me next yr she will come back so I can see whole concert when my dd is a senior. WHY does doing concessions take so much time that we have to miss half the performance? Why cant we set it all up before the concert and then work it at intermissions and then GO BACK TO OUR SEATS!!! Dont get me wrong I have worked a lot of fund raiser booths over the past few years. I dont mind volunteering for stuff, but when it comes to my kids, I really want to be able to see them perform. I dont know, just frustrated I guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell them NO! YOu want to see the performance. It's okay. really.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Just say no and she'll go to the next person to ask.
    Anonymous

• If she has no other kids in the school after her dd graduates...shes not going to come back next year just so you can see your daughters entire performance,lol.
    I would ask her to find someone else, you've done your share of work.
    I know its probably hard to say no...but it wasn't hard for her to put you on the spot and ask...so just say no,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• This sounds like a journal entry vent not a question
    Anonymous

• OP here, thanks ladies, I was looking for opinions and I appreciate your input.
    anon 5:43...really? How bored are you?
    Anonymous

• Why are there concessions open DURING a concert??? We never sell anything during any of the band concerts that I've attended over the past 10 years of having children in the middle school and high school band programs. I'd put my foot down and tell them that DURING the performance that concessions must all be shut down.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I would just tell her no like the other posters said. And jeez anon. 43. What's up your ass tonight? Anyways OP, like kimberly said, if she has no other kids in the school after her DD graduates, you'd be a fool to believe that she's going to come back a year from now just to help you out. If you had no previous obligation to work this concession, I wouldn't miss seeing my child perform just to help someone out.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• This is a little off topic but it reminded me of just a few days ago. My teen son was getting his letter,again, in track. His relay team had broke 2 school records and placed 3rd in the state, it's a big deal cause we are a small rural school. At the exact same time my DD was graduating kindergarten, I was frustrated cause I wanted to be in both places. If it had been a normal lettering i would have just skipped his and went to next years for football, but it wasn't. At the same time my DD will only graduate from kinder once, we ended up (hubby and I) running back and forth, trading places so one of us was at one at all times but still at both. We were lucky that they were being held 100ft from each other but still...it's a small school you'd think they wouldn't plan 2 things like this on the same day.

I would probably do it seeing as her DD is a senior and made arraignments for next year.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• she shouldn't have scheduled herself to volunteer that night. her problem, not yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2010