Cutting teeth and fever?

My son has a fever of 100.5. It went up from 99.9 earlier. He seems to be acting fine, a little clingy today but that's nothing new. He keeps putting things in his mouth and chewing and rubbing them back and forth. I noticed a top tooth is coming in, his first one. I was wondering if the fever might be because of that? I've heard fevers and teething go hand in hand and I've heard the opposite. Any help would be appreciated.

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's completely normal. I would probably give a little tylenol or ibprophine to help baby sleep and be a little more comfortable.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• it's normal for them to get a little fever and sometimes a little bit of the runs when they are cutting teeth..... that's what my drs. always told me too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• DD had a fever every time she cut teeth. Usually around 101 each time. My nephew didn't have a fever though. It's different for each kid
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My first never had fevers, my second did....right around 100. My old doctor always said that there was no connection between the two but I can tell you that every time his gum turned red, his fever would go up until his tooth was through!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2010