Have you had a vbac before?

I had to have an emergency c-section with my daughter and now I'm pregnant again. I really want to have a vaginal birth this time around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My aunt had a successful VBAC 15 years ago (actually exactly 15 years ago Friday!). I also had to have a c section with my first and hope to have a VBAC when I have my next - but I'm not even pregnant yet!

Best of luck! It can be done! Stay positive!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Yes. My C-section was a fairly good experience, I healed quickly and well, no complications...but the VBAC was still 100 times better, especially having an active toddler to chase after, too. If you have any questions, feel free to message me, I'll answer to the best of my ability. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I had one natural one emergency C then one v-back. I mean totally natural on the floor with a mid-wife. So yeah I did for sure. Good luck and you can do it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Just had my 2nd c/s in december. My daughter was stuck and I couldn't push her out, which is why I needed a c/s for #1. My doc said i'd have about an 80% chance of that happening again if I decided to go with a vbac. I had another c/s and I'm so glad I did. I knew exactly when I was going in and it helped me plan my time off and my mom's trip to help. It was great!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I had my Daughter by C Section November 2008, I just had my son VBAC in March 2010.
    My OB from the day I found out I was Pregnant again that he would 100% support VBAC.
    I had a Placental Abruption and was admitted to the hospital at 36 weeks, They still encouraged me to do the VBAC, Which I am happy to say went well, and have a happy chubby baby boy to show for it.

Don't let anyone tell you that it is not safe, remember every person, pregnancy and birthing experience is different and unique to that individual.

Good luck, and best of wishes to you.
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2010