Not happy.

I have only been married for 2 years. But I am growing more angry with my husband everyday.

He is in the army which makes things harder. It just bugs me that he would rather play on his stupid xbox then give me the time of day. He only pays attention to me when he wants sex or food. He gets mad at me when i don't give him what he wants, then i get even mad. I will go days w/o talking to him.

Sometimes i just want to say (F) him and leave but having my little girl makes it harder and not having family where i live makes it even harder. I just don't know what to do. If I do confront him and talk to him he throws it right back at me and makes it all my fault. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• is it possible to try marriage counseling? has he been deployed already? is it possible that he's getting angry b/c of PTSD? (? that could be the wrong term thingy)... i DO know that video games releases a huge amount of stress, as well as violence. and if he's used to the violence of being deployed- its kind of like that need to get it to "normal" for him-- and his normal is when he was deployed.

have you tried playign the video games with him? it's hard (my BF is really good at COD:MW2, but i suck at it-- but he tries to teach me- gets us a little closer) but the time together might be beneficial and you can even trade off- like 20 minutes playing the game, 20 minutes doing housework, etc.

also- not sure if you already have this- but get a life outside of the home, and him. get your own friends, playdates set up, girls night out, etc. the longer i am with my BF, the more angry and anxious I get.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Marriage is hard in the beginning stages. YOur problems are very fixable. Just give it some time and you will find your own things that interest you. I sit on CM while BBH sits on his video games. We meet for dinner and sex. WE are both content with this arrangement.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'm going on 4 years and i'm not happy either.
    Anonymous

• I was married to an army man in my first marriage.He acted like yours does.We did end up divorced.You can't control how another person is going to act.but you can control how you react to them.I think you should make it clear to him how you feel and what you are willing to put up with and not put up with.And see what happens from there.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• yea i hate video games and i used to feel the same. he would come up after playing and say oh do you want to have sex? i was like now your going to give me attention? no i don't want too i'm not your after thought! my husband just said it's not that way but he doesn't know how it is. typical! i don't know what made it chamge but my husband actually doesn't play as much. ever since or shortly before the baby was born. he complains though saying that he wishes he could play. i said you can just don't ask for sex afterwards.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• oh and also you have to accept a man for who he is. one rule i learned. if you can't well then i would make it clear that he needs to change his ways or your going to leave.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My DH was in the Army when I met him, and he did the same to me as well. I would give him little hints here and there, and finally I just came out with it! It shocked him that I had felt this way, because all his other gfs had been fine with him, and being a bachelor in the barracks... well, that's how he passed time whenever he got off work.
    I ended up playing video games with him too, and he would humor me, and take me exploring around where he was stationed - and where I ultimately moved to be and marry him.

Patience, be honest, and sometimes... men seriously ARE clueless.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• maybe if you weren't so mad all the time....just sayin'...
    Anonymous

• i thought i had posted this till it said "having my little girl makes it harder" .... i have a son. lol so when you find out how to fix it lemme know! or if you just wanna talk you can pm me.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Tell him to compromise with you. Maybe he'll give you a day. Surely he can give up one day a week to his family.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2010