Healthy vs. Unhealthy

I've been reading a few of the relationship posts, and it made me wonder, what would you consider to be a healthy relationship? Unhealthy one?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Healthy would be where there is mutual understanding and respect. Unhealthy would be like alot of posts on here,disrespect,sex addicts,porn addicts,treating you like you're a whore and cook/maid,violent and abusive.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• i am in an unhealthy relationship. my husband is controlling..... he keeps me broke and does not allow me to go out alone. i can't wait to save up enough $ to get out. it's been 4 years so far and i am not even half way there. there are lots of ways to be abusive besides hitting someone.
    Anonymous

• Yep, butterfly pretty much said it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Butterfly nailed it. I will also add...if you need to ask about your relationship, odds are that it's NOT healthy.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• having someone treat you as you would like is healthy when someone treats you like you dislike is unhealthy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I think a healthy relationship is an equal partnership.And you both want each other to be happy.A unhealthy relaitonship is one that you have to act like their momma or they act like your daddy.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010