Question for the Pagan mamas....

I want to start my own Pagan shop (I have about 3 - 5 years to work this out.. so plenty of time) Just want to know what you like to see most in the shops... just for ideas.

Kaelansmom

Asked by Kaelansmom at 8:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are very few sources for quality oils. Most places have fragrance oils and not pure essential oils. Like food grade oils. Super hard to find. Plenty of people carry like 5 kinds. The oils common in Geotia and Kabbalah are nearly impossible to buy.

Candle making supplies-- real natural bees wax, not that cheap paraffin crap. And natural plant based candle dyes.

Incensors. Nice brass hanging ones like in old catholic cathedrals.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Seeds or seedling for the plants and herbs used in rituals. I love to grow my own, but it would be so convenient to buy where I get my other supplies!
    Anonymous

• Variety. When I go into the shops here it seems thy have a bit of Jewelry a few books and a bunch of art work but not really alot of supplies and what they do have is so factory nothing is unique. I may as well go to pottery barn for my wood boxes.

Anonymous

• I agree with variety. i am excited for you! You will have to let me know if you get a website or anything. Its so hard to find a good shop anymore
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I'd have to agree with this - Candle making supplies-- real natural bees wax, not that cheap paraffin crap.
    Also - craft supplies to make your own tools, runes, BOS, how to info, etc
    special things to place on alters
    and BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Hey what about "green" products too! You know like all natural stuff?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies... as soon as I know when DH will be getting out.. I will know how soon I can set this up...
    Wonderwoman.. I do plan on a lot of natural items... found that the natural dog shampoo works best on my poor lab...
    But,.thank you for all your suggestions..
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Personally, I find it more important that the person behind the counter has a decent understanding of what the shop has to offer and what products are best for what than anything that could be on the shelves. Generally I have an idea of what I need, but if I have questions, I want to know that the information and advice I get is quality... Anything can be ordered and picked up later if you don't have it in stock, but mis-information makes any shop look bad!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I also suggest setting up an area for a "bulletin board" most Pagans I know are rather "loners" and it's not easy to find a new friend or group, a bulletin board is a beneficial addition to any shop!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Thanks Sabrina.. I agree.. which is why I will be studying a lot to ensure I don't look like a goober LOL..
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010