What do peagans believe in?

I've been raised christian my whole life.and I am just wondering what peagans believe in.I always thought all religions were basically the same.Please no bashing.I'm just asking.

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 9:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you mean Pagan??
    Anonymous

• Yes . sorry.Shows how much I know about it LOL
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 9:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Paganism is an umbrella term used to identify a wide variety of modern religious movements, particularly those influenced by pre-Christian pagan beliefs of Europe. Pagan religious movements are extremely diverse, with beliefs that range widely from polytheism to animism, to pantheism and other paradigms. Many Pagans practise a spirituality that is entirely modern in origin, while others attempt to accurately reconstruct or revive indigenous, ethnic religions as found in historical and folkloric sources.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on th Pagan. It is not like christianity where they all believe pretty much the same thing with a few differences here and there.

Anonymous

No worries... I wasn't sure if you were talking about something new and different all together!! LOL
    Anonymous

• Here, I just wrote a blog about this. Frankly there is to much information to post here...

http://witchywonderland.blogspot.com/2010/05/what-is-pagan.html

If you have any questions, feel free to message me any time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I was raised a Catholic but I am Pagan. I believe in things others may not but I don't follow any religion as I do not believe in religion
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Now that I have a few I can do a better job to answer your question. Although for the best answer visit the blog. Generally what you will find is that those of us who use Pagan as our religious title have one of two (or both) paths - We either have beliefs centered mostly around nature or we belong to a path which has Pre-Christian connections... You'll find that if you ask 12 different Pagans what they believe, you'll end up with 13 different answers. Basically though, you'll find that most Pagans are polytheistic in one form or another, although there are some which have Atheistic beliefs. You will generally find a great respect for all life, and a strong belief in "Karma" or some form of it. Pagans are also generally believers in reincarnation of some kind and in an afterlife.

Like I said, Pagans are diverse, so these are generalizations, but I hope it gave you a basic understanding.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Agrees with Sabrina :)
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• OP I think its fabulous that you are asking question in the spirit of learning about others beliefs.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2010