Advice on having another baby. Children 2 years apart.

In 4 months I will have another child. My son will be just under 2 when my next son was born. I am so tired now, and I'm not sure how I will handle it. My husband works 80 hours a week and is only home to sleep. I work full time and love my job, but after work I pick up my son, rush home, rush to cook dinner (he is sooo hungry), clean up, laundry, bath, straighten living areas, pay bills, and sometimes...mess around on this site! How do you add a baby to that? I know a lot of you have done it. I'm also worried about where I am going to put this baby! I have a small two bed apt. They take up a lot of room! This one was a suprise and how ever excited I am to cuddle with my new little son, I'm so scared I won't be able to handle it all. I'm scared I won't be able to go back to work (daycare costs) and that would make me so depressed. Anyway, I rambled. Can you mom's tell me about your experience with a close number 2 baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Back when my older kids were little,I took in babysitting to keep them out of dayare.They paid me cash.I charged them less than the going rate.Their dad covered most of the bills, but my money paid bills too.Keep a sense of humor.and take lots of pictures.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Don't start stressing yet, take one day at a time. You are overly tired right now partly because you are pregnant. In the beginning take one day at a time. Once you get into a groove things will be fine. I have three kids in 33 months. I have to write things down. I have everything I want to do, want to clean, etc, I make a list and split it among the days of the week. It feels good to cross things off. Somedays I get everything done and sometimes I don't. As long as your kids are happy, fed and clean you are doing very well. We also at the moment have all three kids in one room. It can be a little crazy at times but everyone sleeps and they do not wake each other up.
    Anonymous

• My children were only 14 months a part. Some how you just manage. We were stationed in Germany, my daughter was 3 months when we got there, and 2 months later I was pregnant. We were living in a small German apartment it did have 2 bedrooms but very small. The apartment was so small that the bathroom sink was in the kitchen next to the kitchen sink. We had oil heat. So we had to pump the oil into containers and then bring it in the house to fill the heaters. One toddler at my side, and the baby in a front carrier strapped to me. No car to grocery shop or to go to laundry mat. I would just tie the laundry bags to the stroller and walk to post. We of course had no family to help. My hubby would be gone overnight every 2nd night. God gave us ladies the job, because we can do it. We always find a way to make it work. You will do a great job, because you have been given the name of MOM! Best wishes!
    dhill1111

Answer by dhill1111 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Anon: thank you! I'm glad to hear lists are working. I have prego brain right now and have to makes lists on my forearm to not lose them!
    Anonymous

• My daughter was 4 monthes old when I got pregnant with my next! Now im due with # 5. I love it! Enjoy it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2010