What should we expect at the endocrinologist?

My 10 year old has an appointment tomorrow because her pediatrician doesn't know much, so he's referring her to the endo. She is going because her thyroid is not working right (but has been ok for the last 4 months), half the hair fell out of her head (and has since grown back in, but it took over a year) and her eyelashes and eyebrows are falling out. It's very frustrating.

So, what's the endo going to do?

Pnukey

Asked by Pnukey at 10:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Health

• He's going to ask all the same questions that you have ever answered before and hopefully a couple of new ones. Hopefully, he'll have your dd's records and can see what has been happening with her thyroid blood levels. Then, he'll probably order MORE blood work, maybe order a CAT scan or MRI of the thyroid....I am just guessing at that. In my experience, the endocrinologists are pretty dern smart, but don't seem to do a whole lot when you are with them.
    Anonymous