not complying with court order help.. divorce/ house ?

my ex & I divorced 9/9/08 I quitclaimed my rights of the house to him & he took full responsibility for the house & all its bills including the mortgage. he was supposed to sell it at full market value or refinance it after 2.5 years. well he is falling behind in payments & now wants to have a short sell.

the bank says this will effect my credit, what can I do?

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 10:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• i would take it to the court. if it is a court order then he has to comply. also if it should have been all transferred to his name. i would also take to divorce decree with that info to the bank and let them know you are not the responsible party any longer and they can not hold you liable.
    Anonymous

• I did the same thing. My x let them foreclose and it did NOT affect my credit. The bank is just saying that to get you to give them their money.
    Anonymous

• if you have legal documents saying its not your house, then it shouldnt touch you at all. But you can go to your local curcuit clerk and request a court date for oyu and ex, then bring it to the judge. if its just that you wont need a lawyer, and any one can do it. credit reports are weird tho, so while its not supposed to be on there, it could show up someplace later-so go to court to make him comply.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I dug up my old real estate text. A quitclaim deed means you've relinquished all interest in the house. You have no responsibility at all...it's all on him.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010