if you are having unprotected sex and not on birth control are you trying to get pregnant?

trying to get pregnant, opinion

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes....... either that or you are a complete moron.
    Anonymous

• You are playing with fire. However, I am not on BC and not using protection BUT, I am charting my temps and cervical position and mucous and know EXACTLY when I'm ovulating and we don't have sex during that time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• not really..... it depends on what your situation is. for example if you don't have an uterus and you're having unprotected sex without birth control you're obviously not trying to get pregnant.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If you are capable of getting pregnant, and you are having unprotected sex, then I believe you must want to get pregnant. There is always that risk. Don't wanna get pregnant, then wrap it up and use birth control, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• for clarification i do have a uterus so it is possible i could get pregnant. it's not a no possible way type situation.
    mommyofone740

Answer by mommyofone740 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• Sure, I mean... Obviously you could get pregnant by doing that no matter how "good" you think you are calculating things. We are TRYING to get pregnant though!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well we are not really trying to get pregnant but we would be happy to welcome another member to our family if it happens. Its been almost three years now since our last baby and still no pregnancy with not using bc or condoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• we have unprotected sex, but he pulls out. We aren't trying to get pregnant, but we are going to be planing on trying anywhere from September through December. This has worked for us for over 10 years now, both my girls were planned as well ages 5 and 2.5
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• We've been having unprotected sex since my son was born and I haven't been on a birth control pill in nearly 5 years BUT I'm breastfeeding and I'm charting so I know I'm not ovuating. When I start ovulating we will use condoms during my fertile times.

I wouldn't necessarily saying you are "TRYING" to get pregnant but you not "Not Trying" and you should both be blatenly aware of the fact that you COULD get pregnant. If you do get pregnant then there should be no talk of "how could this happen" because you should both know.

And PLEASE if your one of those pro-choice people...wrap it up...abortions are not for birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I also chart. Been doing it for a long time. Never had a problem. If you know what you are doing it works. I know my body very well.
    tinaandavasmom

Answer by tinaandavasmom at 3:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2010