do you regret?

i have one daughter, and we do not plan to have anymore. but i always wonder what other moms feel about that. i have a brother and sister and i am the youngest. we always faught. and to this day, i still think my mom loves mt sister and brother more then me. that ia one of the reasons why i wont have anymore babies.

what do you think? if you have more then one, do you love one more then the other? is it harder? do you miss the days with only one child? thank you everyone!
if you bash me i will bash you back!

Preggydyke

Asked by Preggydyke at 10:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, i don't miss the days of having only 1 kid. now he has other kids to play with instead of me playing with him every minitue. i love all my kids the same. i know all moms say that but i do..... it's true
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• We moms don't love one more than the other. We love them DIFFERENTLY, that's all. I wanted two. I didn't want the first one lonely or alone if something happened to me and the dad. Then number three slipped in there!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I think you're right to feel the way you do, specially if growing up you felt the way you did. I don't regret only wanting one child. I was always afraid that it's been me and my son against the world for so long that I wouldn't be able to bond with another child when I got pregnant. I'm not saying I'd love one kid more then the other but it's a real fear and it's ok if you feel that way.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• My guys are the alpha and omega the beginning and the end for me so I love them both equally.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• thank you bubblycute!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• im an only child, and i wouldnt do that to my son. it did/does have good things about it. i didnt have to share my mom with anyone, i got spoiled with attention and money. me and my mom are best friends. but my mom was also single until i was 12 yrs old so i didnt even have to share her with a man. if i had to share her with a man, i think i would have been even more lonley. but i was lonley. my dad and stepmom had a daughter when i was 11, & my stepfather had a son already, my mom got with him when i was 12 so i didnt get to experience somewhat what its like to have siblings, and i love it, i love them so much, & i am so happy i got that chance. but i really feel like i missed out on having full blooded biological siblings, and also on growing up with siblings. sure i was still a child when i was 12, but i was almost a teen & they were just babies. i wish i had ones closer to my age. imagine what it will be like when your
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• kid is older and they have no siblings to come over on holidays, no one to call for advice, no one to be there with them at your funeral. i would seriously reconsider having at least one more child.
    PURPULbutterfly

• Nothing wrong with only wanting 1. No one should judge you for that, dont think what i believe for MY family is :)
    I'd be happy with 1 child. BUT I want another child so my DD will have a sibling. One day me & dh may need to be cared for, I dont want that burden on her alone. I dont want the stress of her thinking she needs to be a perfect child either.
    For us 2 children seem perfect (for now *wink).. 1 child per parent, 1 child per hand, a first & a last..
    Id rather my children grow up hating each other & hopefully come together in age, than to have a child that feels they missed out on something --- and I am the only reason they missed out on having a sibling..
    My 2 nieces are about 2yrs apart & are BFF's their relationship/bond is amazing! I wish that for my kids. I was the baby of 3 girls. My sisters were 12yrs/15yrs older than me so i felt like an only child most of my life. I feel i got both worlds!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I loved my brother and sister and I feel like I will never be alone because they will be always in my life also if they live on the other side of the world, I have a 2 and half yo girl and a 8 months baby girl, I think it depends on the parents too, our parents give us the same amount of love but in different ways because we had different personalities. I love my girls with the same amount of love, I read an article about how parents can have a preference for one of their children and he is generally the one more in need of help, but it's a thing hard to admit.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• I have mixed feelings on the subject, there were four of us and I think my mom had way too many kids. She didn't love us the same and didn't parent us the same. I don't get along great with my brother but the younger two not at all. I kind of wanted my son to be an only child after thinking about being able to be there for him, provide for him financially and just give him a great life. So as soon as I was going to go back on birth control I found I was pregnant. I worry about favoring one, them fighting all the time and think two is plenty for me. I have two hands so I don't think that I need more than two kids. I don't know we'll see I hope that it's a positive thing for our family.
    Anonymous