18 months and only 8 teeth?

My twin boys both have 4 top, front teeth and 4 bottom, front teeth.....should they have more by now? It seemed like my DD had more than that at thier age.

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hey there, my last baby didn't get any teeth til she was 13 months and then it took ages - don't worry about it too much. If nothing else has emerged an another years time the dentist will probably do an xray- but lets face it , if there are no teeth in there, what will they really do about it anyway? I'm sure everythings fine they are just taking a while to come down - don't be shocked when they take ages to lose their first tooth either - mine was 7 yrs old and desperate for the tooth fairy
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my son is 18 months and has all 16 teeth..
    I'm sure it's normal though... :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• my dentist said that the girl's teeth usually come in quicker than the boys do so you might want to consider that when comparing them. it doesn't sound off to me though. did the dentist seem concerned?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• its normal. dentist said the slowerit takes them to get teeth the slower it takes to lose them though and vice versa.. my nephew had his teeth come in slow and hes almost 12 and has 12 baby teeth left to lose!!! lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Children's teeth come in at all different times. My daughter's first tooth didn't come in until 10.5 months. Don't worry....your children's teeth will come in when they're ready.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My 17 mon old only has 3 bottom teeth, NO top teeth. I worry about it sometimes but his dr says its fine. So i wouldn't worry too much
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My son is 18 months and has 10 teeth. None of them are fully in lol just a ton of little growing teeth! I wouldn't worry at all!
    Mep291

Answer by Mep291 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2010