What are your thoughts? unique discipline

•When the kids run up and down the stairs after having been told not to, have them crawl up and down on their bottoms. Use the same principle for running through the house, only have them crawl on all fours to get to where they were going in such a hurry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Interesting. Hey, if it works for your kids...why not? I have heard of far worse techniques. And it may be fun at first for them, but after a while it will be annoying and so it may just work.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lol.....yeah it's off the wall...
    sounds kind of like military style parenting if you want my opinion lol
    Anonymous

• Yea I can see kids having far too much fun with that..
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• my kids go running through the house and i make them run laps out back.

Oh and Anon 10:34 yes military parenting it is!!!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 11:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• If my kids run in the house (they can run in the basement) I remind them or make them walk back and come through again walking. I don't think it's too strict. I had my kids go down the stairs when they were small, feet first, with their hands/ stomach facing the stairs, where they felt more sure and weren't facing down.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2010

• When my kids run up and down the stairs, my DH makes them count the stairs out loud as they step. It slows them down and it keeps them from falling down the stairs. I hate these effin stairs.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My gramma used to make us walk up and down the stairs for 10 minutes if she caught us running up or down them. There were 2 flights of stairs and we HATED it. We learned real quick to not run when she was around, lol. She would just stand there and watch us walk up and down and if we made too much noise or went to fast she made us start over. She did the same thing if we were running around (her apartment was downstairs from us). She would demand we come downstairs and she would make us walk back and forth across her apartment until she was satisfied we learned our lesson.
    Maybe I should start that with my kids. I'm tired of them running all over like this is a freaking playground. I've actually done the running laps things with them. I made them run up and down the block 3 times for going crazy in the house since they obviously had extra energy. They thought it was fun.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2010