ok so i am 85% effaced and 3 cm dilated and im having contractions on a daily basis they just are not regulated so then thats not considered the start of labor? how long can i stay like this honestly lol

dexbryj10

Asked by dexbryj10 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, but your body is getting ready. how many weeks are you? i was getting contractions alot for the last 2 months with my third child. it's nothing to worry about if they're not in a pattern and don't last for more than a hour.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• A long time.

Dilation and effacement tell you that your body is getting ready, that you're close, but not when it will happen. I was 3 cm and 70% for 3 weeks.

Just try to take it easy, keep up your daily routines and remember that you will not be pregnant forever! That baby will come when they're ready, and the happier and more relaxed mom is the more likely that will be sooner than later :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You could be like that for weeks.

My friend was dilated to 3 cm from 7 months on and 90% effaced for 5 weeks before delivering at 41.5 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You sound like me! I was contracting on a regular basis for about three weeks. I was dilating too. But never effaced till I actually went into labor. Barring unforeseen circumstances, you should have a nice quick labor though! I've heard women like us have shorter than average labors, and mine was. I also lost my mucous plug exactly two weeks before I went into labor.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I had contractions every 5 minutes, dilated to 3, not sure how effaced, but the 5min contractions (NOT BH) for over a week. Long story short, went in for a non-stress test, ended up getting a tiny bit of pitocin, and birthed 3 hours later. I was 40w1d.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010