What is Cdiss?

My son has cdiss the doctor said im scared anyone know about this? What can i do?

Momofaprince146

Asked by Momofaprince146 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your son has C-diff. And not meaning to frighten you, but you should be scared. WASH EVERYTHING.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_difficile

http://www.cdiffsupport.com/aboutcdiff.html

Listen to me very carefully. You must wash everything. You must disinfect his bedding, everything he touches. Keep other kids away from him right now. Do not change his diapers without gloves. This is a very SERIOUS BUT VERY TREATABLE infection. Keep him hydrated. Is he in the hospital?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Why didn't you ask his doctors when they said that is what he had if you don't have a clue? Thats what they are there for after all.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My doc said it was not contagious n they suck im looking for a new doc ~
    Momofaprince146

Answer by Momofaprince146 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I disagree with the concern about how contagious it is. My dad had it. It occurs when antibiotics used to treat an illness, mess up the balance of "good" bacteria in the intestinal track. Additional antibiotics are given to treat the problem but it can be stubborn. It can also be a serious problem. It is important to make sure you child stays hydrated. There are other natural remedies than can help rebalance the bacteria but they should be used in addition to not instead of antibiotics. Call you doctor's office back and get more information from them about the illness, additional options to help treat, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• First anon here: It is highly contagious! If you come in contact with fecal matter you can get Cdiff! Do some research on it! My husband works in the hospital, it is the most contagious and least treatable illness that they have going in the hospital right now. Seriously.
    Anonymous