Why do we get put down?

I'm a single mom and I live at home. Yeah it sucks it's not where I want to be but I'm in school trying to make a better life for my dd and I. When I talk bout things on here and mention I live at hosmenj get so much shit for it. Like it is so damn easy to move out on your own with a kid and no degree. I pay for a lot of mynown stuff. No one gives us single moms enough credit for what we go thru. There might be other single moms that aren't makin an effort but a lot of us are so don't be so judgemental. If it was so easy to be on my own I wouldve done it a long time ago.

K I'm done venting now lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sry for typos I'm on my itouch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What is hosmenj?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Things in life aren't easy.

I'm a single mom and I work and go to school and live hours away from my parent.s
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• People love to be judgmental over things they have no idea about. Even other single moms are critical. As you can see. There is always that one that is better than you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• What ever! They are stupid. Do the best for you and your daughter. I never feel the need to bash people. Keep up the good work. My niece was a single mom living at home and going to nursing school. Don't regret making a future for your self. It is hard work and you will reap the benefits.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have learned not to take anything on here personal. People take things all out of context and blow things out of proportion. So I take it in stride.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Some people have nothing better to do than judge others. I'm in the same situation with you, I am a single mother and I live with my father.. not because I choose too but because it makes alot more sense for me to live here while finishing school and working towards a set career where I can then move out on my own and support both my son and I. For those who manage to live on their own while being a single mom, kudos to you it's not so easy for some.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Are u divorced? Does the father help?

I've never been married and he rarely helps. He's not around. Of course life isn't easy but I get bashed for being a single mom living at home and that's just the best I can do at the moment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Right now in life with your parents is the best place. Don't worry about it, economically many of them may end up living with family as well. Good luck.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i am sorry other people don't understand what are you are trying to do for your baby i am not single but i was raised but a single mother and i know she did the best for us kids but all have to remember is that you are trying to give your baby more but going to school and don't worry about what other people say it is so hard to move out me and my husband lived with his parents for while and it sucked but it was the best i could do for my baby and i had help with him just like you have help or well i hope you do the people that say crap about you living at is just jealous that you have mom and dad that will help so you just do you and keep doing the best for you baby and your baby will love you more in the long run because your are doing all that for him/her..
    joanna06261990

Answer by joanna06261990 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2010