Ok Im 34 weeks pregnant

I have been having all kinds of pressure as if Im carrying a bowling ball in between my legs. Im having really horrible sharp pains in my pelvic area and my vagina. I can tell my baby has dropped. I also am having popping in crackling in my hips and pelvic area. Also Ive been having cramps too(more like menstral cramps)I had my first child early so Im worried I might be going into premature labor.I have an apt monday. I havent lost my mucus plug and my water hasnt broke. Ive had a thick white discharge(TMI) But my doctor said that it was normal. Thats why I havent went to the hospital. If anyone can help me out Id greatly appriciate it. Is it normal to feel like this at 34 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds normal to me. i literally had the exact same thing!! my hips did that i had pains in them cramping felt like a bowling ball was gonna fall out of my ass... lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Sounds pretty normal, except second babies don't tend to drop before labor begins. Are you having any contractions?

Unless you have awesome insurance, I would avoid the trip to the hospital unless you start having contractions. If you start with contractions then definately go, but otherwise just call your doctor first thing in the morning and ask to be seen. How early was your first?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• He was born at 35 weeks. I have had braxton hicks. They are irregular. IDK whats going on.
    Heather_Estes

Answer by Heather_Estes at 12:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Braxton hicks aren't anything to worry about unless you're having tons and tons of them or they become regular.

It really just sounds like normal late pregnancy symptoms to me. I would try to relax, just double check with your doctor in the morning and get some sleep.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Thanks so much!
    Heather_Estes

Answer by Heather_Estes at 12:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Ati is wrong about babies not dropping before labor - babies can drop WEEKS before you go into labor! Take it easy and GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• IM having the same thing...and i just tured 35 today..ive went to the hospital twice...friday they said the i was 1cm and they can feel the babys head..went in sunday and i was 2...id go in and make sure everything is ok..cause i also had a uti and deyhdration
    singlemom1226

Answer by singlemom1226 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I am on my 5th and my son has started to drop. This is according to my doctor. They said it varies with all babies as to when or even if they drop. I wouldn't worry too much. Your ligaments are stretching and the bowling ball feeling is normal.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I am 33 weeks as of today and my last appointment I asked my doctor about pain in my pelvic area and she said it was because my pelvic area is stretching, getting ready for the baby to move into the birth canal. It hurts right on my pubic bone on the left side. It feels as if someone had stabbed me. I have been having mysterious pains which I have came to the conclusion that it is braxton hicks contractions. Good luck mama. We don't have much longer.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2010