Does anyone live at Fort Hood? What do you all think of Darnell? Did anyone deliver there?

I am new to Fort Hood and Im 34 weeks pregnant. I seriously am nervous about having my baby there. The womens clinic is always packed. You can never get an Apt and there is usually an hour wait to be seen at labor and delievery. Im scared they wont have nowhere for me to have my baby.

Heather_Estes

Asked by Heather_Estes at 12:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't live there, but one of my good friends delivered her son there, and she loved it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Hello! I lived here on Fort Hood!! I had my daughter there back in October 2009.. And I did not have a good experience. The first midwife that was on duty when I first went into labor.. Her name was Mary Loughlin (sp?), I hated her!! And my epidural didn't work all that well. The midwife that delivered me was Mary Bacho and she was awesome! As far as the recovery rooms, most of the nurses were rude. But I mean other than that, they went ok. The rooms are VERY small, so don't plan on a lot of people in the room when you give birth, or when you get to your recovery room.

I just found out I'm pregnant again, and I was one of the lucky ones to be sent off post, thank god, lol! I go all the way to Scott & White in Temple for care, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010