had a mixed baby

this is stupid but he is light skinned, and im white, baby is 3 weeks and light skinned, I just wounder if she is gonna be darker then she is now... everyone says look at her nails, or her ears and nothing they arent any darker. is it possible that she is gonna stay this color

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why is it a big deal? There are biracial babies who are light skinned and others who have darker skin.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• O_o
    I don't understand your concern, really.
    My DS has a very olive complexion and even started off with the typical blue eyes of newborns, but they were dark and stayed dark. My DD is extremely light skinned and had very light blue eyes, and they've stayed a very light color, fluctuating from green to blue to gray...
    So what?
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• she'll be a lil darker than what she is if she tans. im mainly caucasian. my daughter is 60% latin. shes pale next to me even tho we look about the same, but i get some sun once in awhile. she will definately be able to get a darker tan than i ever could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Babies of color don't get to their full color, so to speak, til 8-11 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my hubby is arabic, my daughter is same skin color as i am, however she tans VERY quickly and easily, its no big deal, i was curious to see my daughters coloring as well, my husband has beautiful skin and i wanted her to have that, every baby is different,.
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• DD is mixed, 1/4 black. She actually born REALLY REALLY dark, jet black hair and everything. And then she got lighter over the next few weeks. She's 5 mos now and has a nice tan color and brown hair. So I think mixed babies just do whatever they wanna do lol. Give her time and she will start changing.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2010