Are you a lesbian who calls yourself a Dyke? I thought it sounded kind of duragutory?

Your opionin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• To me its not mean expecally if you call yourself one. Yes its one thing if you start calling all lez Dykes but if they call themselfs one depending on what yall talking about dont call them a dyke if they want to be called a dyke they will do it themselfs lol*
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• its only derogatory if someone says it will full intention of hurting you. i love women, i've had deep meaningful relationships with women, am i a dyke? yes. am i hurting myself by calling myself that? no
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yep Aliishortt2. i feel the same way. I am a "Dyke" with my bf's and i am the male role in me and my dh relationship. THe only guy i ever like. I would be with a girl if i didnt find my dh.
    With females i tend to date "Dykes" I guess its becuase thats the only time i dont wear the pants persay.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Is that a bit like when a black person calls another black person a nigger in a joking manner it's funny, but if a white person does it it's derogatory and racist?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• no it's not the same. if a straight person calls a lesbian a dyke but with no intention of hurting them it's not derogatory. and if a white guy says nigger with no intention of being racist it's not racist...words are words and the only thing that makes them harmful is the context
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• So it is the same..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Just wondering....there is a mom with the screen name preggydyke and I personally have never called a lesbian one because it sounds mean.

Thats why I asked this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well I never use that term only because I've been called a dyke. (i'm bi) I thought it was mean. but I also used to use the term "fag" a lot until I got called dyke, realized that it probably hurt and stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I never say the word FAG that hurts worse to me. dyke hurts not as much and oh... rug muncher.. yeah it made me laugh but with the convo it did not fit.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2010