Will it get better?

My SO and I have been together for over 2 years and it's just like all of a sudden we don't communicate anymore. We don't enjoy the same things. We don't talk hardly at all. When we do talk we always assume the other one is saying something mean. I feel like he doesn't have feelings for me anymore. He doesn't touch me the way he used to..it's more of a friendly touch than an I love you touch. Man I miss having that feeling that you love someone and they love you back!He thinks I'm crazy when I bring it up but I just know something is up. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• you need communication. be open about what bothers you. try not to bring things up that will irritate him and vice versa so that you two dont start snapping at each other.

my personal example. we live on opposite coasts presently. he is scared that i may cheat on him or someone wil try to take advantage of me. he brought it up like everyday and we would always argue if not flat out fight on the phone. finally got to the point where it was being said in texts, a lil less emotion involved and a lil more communication. that hapened last week. he hasnt made a peep about it since. except to occasionally say he is worried that someone will take me away from him, instead of interogating me like usual if there is someone else.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 2:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• You may have gotten to that point in the relationship where the "love" hormones have worn off and he has settled into your lives together. You need to talk to him and find out what the deal is. Long term relationships (marriage) take a LOT of work and the work never ends. I know, I've been doing it for 17 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Ahh the cycle of each of you thinking the other means everything negative, Ive been there. First stop taking things he says negative. You cant control how he responds to you, but you can control the way that you respond to him. Even if you want to take it bad, pretend you dont, dont say anything when he says something negative.Just let it go Dont you say anything negative, try to say at least 5 positive things a day.The cycle can be broken if you want to break it. After a while he will stop saying negative things too. Sounds like you have talked to him about it, so stop whining and bringing it up. would say nothing about it. Just act like the most amaizing woman in the world, act like you did when he fell in love with you, dont nag him, or whine to him that things arent good enough.Just be amaizing and sweet, and dress nice for him, and be his girlfriend again. Things will get better, but dont expect things to be the same
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010