Does your hubby do housework/chores?

There had been times I am annoyed that he does not help me at home. But this week he had been with his own initiative did the laundry, cleaned, vacuumed and even washed the dishes. I have a feeling that he did this because he needed to. He likes it when the house is clean. I think I haven't been cleaning much these days. =P

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Rarely. He will help me with something if I ask him too, but there is nothing he does regularly or by choice. He does get a wild hair on occasion and chooses to clean something.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• No never. But I stay at home so I really don't care if he doesn't help. But I do hate when I clean and he comes home and throws his things on the floor. Or leave a pile of clothes behind the bathroom door. That gets under my skin.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yes he is the one who cooks, cleans, etc. I work full time and he goes to school so he took on that responsablity plus he likes too. NOT ME> i did it so long with raising my brothers and sister.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• exactly! I used to LOATHE seeing his jacket on the dining chair instead of the hallway closet where the jackets/coats supposed to be. these days, he's the one who was so upset as to where this huge box that I have should be. At least he cleaned. I've learned to let go of the mess. Well, I dusted today and washed the dishes and did volunteer work outside oh and did online work too. I am also a SAHM. I am so thankful that he did some chores this week. It made me happy.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• yes, he is a good man, he started cleaning up after himself, then would clean without being asked, he'll do things like empty the dishwasher, fold laundry, vac, but still cant pick up his socks T_T
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:24 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• my DH does the dishes (everyday) and puts away folded laundry
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:33 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• it seems like there's a lot of husbands here who helps out with the chores! this is so great! now, I don't feel guilty. It's like a guilty pleasure.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• We divvy up the chores between us. Basically, he's responsible for the lawn maintenance, car maintenance and house repairs and I do everything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My hubs helps out around the house. He mows the lawn, shovels the snow, does the yardwork, cleans the catbox, takes out the garbage and puts it out most garbage days, cleans up in the basement, cleans the bathroom (a chore I HATE), sometimes he will sweep or mop floors, he cooks a few nights a week, and when our dryer was broken he took the laundry to his moms and washed/dried it. (he will do an occasional load of laundry -- if needed), he will sometimes even do the dishwasher.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• DH and I run the house together, yes I end up doing more, but I am home more, but when he is here, he's working right along with me....he does dishes, laundry, floors, he mows our enormous lawn, shovels snow, takes out the garbage, keeps up with the pool maintenance, fixes things, etc. etc. etc. He cooks sometimes, gives the kids a bath, changes diapers....again, I do way more for sure, but he's great. Oh, and he makes me coffee every single morning =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:19 AM on Jun. 3, 2010