How do you organize your recipe cards?

I just made recipe cards and wondering how everyone organizes them? do you organize them by spelling, by chicken, beef etc, or by desserts, appetizers etc??? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I hate taking my computer in the kitchen when I'm cooking, so I printed off my favorites, put the pages in clear plastic page protectors, and keep them in binders, one for desserts & sweets, one for everything else. I have two recipe boxes with recipe cards that are the same way. Within those binders/boxes, recipes are organized under Appetizers, Beef dishes, Beverages, Breads, Cakes, Candies, Chicken dishes, Cookies, Misc. Desserts, Misc. Main Dishes, Salads, and Vegetable dishes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I keep my recipes in a yahoo email account. While I try to keep them by catagory, it doesn't really matter how they are organized because I can always find a recipe by using the search function.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's called a computer.
    allrecipes.com will keep your recipes for you.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I keep intending to put all my recipes on cards...I never get it done though. Typical categories seem to be entrees, appetizers, breads, desserts, breakfasts, cakes/pies/cookies, snacks, drinks, things like that. Within a category you can have sub-categories, like under entrees you can have chicken, beef, veg, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well I got 5 old time metal recipes boxes mostly for decoration in my kitchen at a rummage sale for 25 cents a piece, and they are full of handwritten recipes, and I plan to go through them but I am also unsure of how to do it!
    I was thinking one box for breakfasts and one for lunch type recipes, and dinner type recipes, a desset box, and a special box for pickles, jellies, jams and so on.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• wow jewjewbee was a little rude! Thanks to everyone else who answered!
    Anonymous