Don't rush

I don't understand why so many parents try to rush their babies growth and milestones. I know it's exciting to see the babies developing and growing but doesn't it kinda take the excitement away if your always comparing your babies to other babies? I say just let the babies do stuff when they are ready. JMO !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. My son is only 8 months old and I already have realized how quickly he's growing. I try to savor every moment. I'm excited for him to grow and do different things, but at the same time I know I'll miss him being a baby one day when he's all grown up. I'm in no rush...I LOVE every stage he goes through and want to focus as much of my attention on it and make as many memories as possible. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I think with the first i was most exuted for the milestones but after that I was in no rush especially with our last but she did everything super fast! i was like NOOO...LOL But many parents are not really trying to rush them but exited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I completely agree. I am perfectly content with my baby being a "baby"............although she is almost 2. hahahha
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Couldn't agree more! :0)
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 5:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My oldest is 24...where did his life go? Let them be little!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• OP....that was a wondeful post and I agree with you 100%. WHY are you anonymous when you can write so well? I applaud you!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Well, because babies are annoying. Kids can do so much more. They listen. They talk. They have personalities. They're potty trained. They're independent. I really don't understand the appeal of babies. ((shiver))
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2010