What could you do to be a better parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmmm....I don't know. I am in no way saying that I'm perfect, but I make such an effort in every area that it's hard to say. I could make my own baby food, but it's so much easier to buy the jarred. I could also rinse his mouth out after his bottle before bed...even though he only has two tiny teeth poking through, lol. Actually, I plan on going to buy one of the baby tooth brushes tomorrow because that's been bugging me. I'm sure I could think of other things, but those are the only things coming to mind right now, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I could have a cleaner house. I hate housework and I get overwhelmed by it sometimes. Also at times I have my kids watch tv so I can get things done and I don't like that. If I just had the discipline to do the housework everyday, throughout the day I wouldn't be stressed about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I could run, so far away that my teens couldnt find me and where forced to fend for themselves. Is that an option here?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• lol anon would teach em some responsibility! Hmmm I could take her to the park more often.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I stretch myself thin for my kids, there is not much more I could do but if there was I would.

Answer by older at 8:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I could sit & play with my 4 year old DD and I could have a little more patience with her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Play with my son more. My husband is usually the "fun" one. I'm the one that is constantly running around getting things done so when I do have a spare moment I usually take it for myself. I could be using that time to be with my son regardless of how tired I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• More patience! I am always working on it but I think I would be a better mom if I had more of it!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• have a cleaner house and be more patient. my house inst really dirty but it def looks lived in....and i sometimes get mad at my kids and yell at them after asking them umpteen times to do something. ie brushing teeth picking up toys getting ready for bed. :( i feel like a monster when i yell at them. and would like to change that first and foremost.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I could have more patience. I do pretty good, but there are times when my son wears my patience thin. Lol, I think it is a tween thing.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2010