Should parents get teens up at 4am on a school day to work so that mom can be a SAHM?

I saw this today on World's Strictest Parents. The dad and teens get up at 4am and clean an office building to provide for the family so that the mom can stay home. There are no non-school aged children in the home. The teens then go home and eat breakfast, then go to school. What do you think? I don't think it's right, just personally. Obviously, it's their right to make that choice, but it certainly isn't a decision I would make.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 2:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm a SAHM, but if my child had to do that in order for me to be one, I'd get a job. I wouldn't personally make my son do that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• they are in school she needs to get a job I mean really how long can you stay home? Even part time would supplement!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i am incapable of being gainfully employed do to a disability. so i would have to say I pray it never comes down to that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• it's their choice? who the parents? f- them! id be calling cps on her lazy ass!
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 2:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I am to disable, but you bet your ass I'd be sucking it up to make sure my kids would never have to do such a thing!!!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• NO i rither my kids worrie about school. Yes if they are in highschool and want to work part time i will let them but for them to get up that early unless its homework then HELL no
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I saw that and i thought it was a really amazing family.
    i see no problem with it. their family was pretty big, and their house was huge! The mom did soooo much!! it worked for their family and that is what mattered. it may work for some and not work for others!

The dad worked, made money and the wife was the one at home doing all the home work cooking cleaning, laundry, any errands that need to be done.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• And you have it wrong....the kids didnt get up to clean an office to provide for the family!! The dad and the kids participated to clean it!!
    the participated to do a lot of stuff because they liked helping others.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• k i was wrong the dad does this as a job, and the kids help him BUT they still say that they like helping others and dont mind to participate. oh well it teaches them discipline instead of typical kids these days sitting on their fat asses playing video games!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have teens. How do they get them up at 4am? Im thinking its either the fire alarm or the big ben clock in the hallway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2010