any one have any idea's on how to fall asleep if you cant??

i will be up all day and wont be able to go to sleep until 5am then have to get up with my son in around 9am by that point i am so tired i dont want to anything i need some please anything??!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Health

• stop trying to sleep... try and make yourself stay awake. It seems to work for me...

here are some other tips...
    establish a routine for bedtime (starting 2 hours before)
    Limit sugar and caffeine 2 hours before bed
    Make sure bath is no less then an hour before bed (it throws off body temperature and makes it harder to relax)
    turn the lights and tv off at least an hour before it is bedtime. (artificial light stimulates and throws off the bodies natural rhythm )
    Quite time (about 30min before you want her asleep)

I have insomnia and that is what my Doc suggested.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I learned this in high school, lol, it was the only thing I learned in high school and that is going on,,oh never mind. K,,,so lay down on your back and close your eyes. You are going to concentrate on one area at a time. So we start with your feet and you flex them for about 15 seconds, and then relax...then you move up your body that way. to your shins, your knees, upper legs, stomach, rib cage, shoulders, neck, face muscles, tense and relax, tense and relax. it really works. until your entire body is relaxed. it will help to relax you. I need to add, since I did this in high school and had no real problems back then, you need to empty your mind of everything but concentrating on what you are doing with your body. Dont give up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• anon 1:46 I do that trick too... well kinda, i focus without the flexing. I focus on it until i can feel it start to "tingle"
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i pray....i really do i go through my entire day say what im thankful for, pray for people i need to and just talk to God. It relaxes me and i feel so at peace afterwards.

Idk if you pray but if you do this helps me! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• thank you all your help.. i will anything at this point. i do pray i pray right be for bed.
    joanna06261990

Answer by joanna06261990 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• i do self hypnosis. i imagine a classroom from my childhood, visualization is the key! you must look around your classroom and notice everything in as much detail as possible. the desks, how they are arranged, who you are sitting near, what they look like, what they are wearing, what does the floor look like? what shoes are you wearing? what things are hanging on the walls, what does your teacher look like? your teacher stands at the chalkboard or whiteboard and says today class we are going over the alphabet. do i have any volunteers for the first letter? everyone raises their hand, but every time the teacher calls on you. you go to the board, pick up the chalk or marker (how does it feel, smell?) you write the letter A and a on the board and go sit down. the teacher says very good, and you go sit down.
    i never get past the letter e.sometimes it takes longer to get to e than other times. when your mind wanders, reel it back!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 3, 2010