Do you, at all, keep your options open, in terms of making money, outside of what you are doing right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sure! But I cannot imagine ANY (legal) job that would pay me what I earn between the hours of 8AM-3PM, Monday through Friday, with summers off, along with holidays, weekends and evenings off, AND the flexibility of 10 sick days (accumulated annually) plus 3 personal days per year, and full medical benefits! Teaching is a GREAT job when your children are young and in full-day school!

Maybe when they are old enough and responsible enough to take care of themselves after school, I will consider something else, but for now, it's the best supplemental income for our family (My husband earns the primary income)! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• well yeah! I'm not working right now. I'm bumming off of DH to survive...LOL! So my options are WIDE open! Glad to home with DD for the summer though, we're going to have some fun!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I try to, with all the scams it's hard to trust 'new' companies. I tend to stick with what I already know works, but I'm always open to look at new ideas.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Regardless of how I like the job I am always keeping an eye out for something better. I've not yet found a job that I felt like I could work there forever and be happy. It's always smart to keep an open eye to something better, because you always want to better yourself financially.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I have my own business that is going to be up and running this year but paying off by 2012 and we will be moving to Japan. I am also in college so everything is open to me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I always look to see what else is out there and also make sure that I have varied skills just in case we ever move and there are no jobs in my field.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2010