Isn't the whole idea of Jesus the definition of "idol worship"?

Here is how "Idol" is defined:
•someone who is adored blindly and excessively
•paragon: an ideal instance; a perfect embodiment of a concept

Jesus the adored, worshipped....blindly and excessively. He is perceived as the perfect embodiment of the concept of God. Maybe God is the very thing he/she/it supposedly preaches against....maybe God doesn't wish to be worshipped, and only wishes for all to see the divinity within oneself. And to bring out of ourselves the incredible love and light that we all carry within?
Instead of people falling on bended knee to a concept of God through idol worship of a man?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Jesus IS God so that is the difference. God wants you to worship and adore Him. The Bible warns against worshipping FALSE gods
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I don't think it's the same. I am not religious but I think there is a fine difference between GOD and people who are LIKE God's in one's eyes.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Jesus IS God so that is the difference."

Jesus was a man, a human being. There is no proof he is God. People read a book and so quickly believe in it, yet see no problem in worshipping this man? He is the very definition of an idol.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I agree. Personally, I view it as the same way a kid is with Santa and the Tooth Fairy. Just someone who is going to give you great things if you'd just believe in them.
    I don't believe, but I still have great things in my life.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yep. That's exactly what Jesus and God are. Idols to worship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I do not believe that those who truly follow Jesus follow him blindly.. There is a difference between true faith, and following along like a deaf, dumb, and blind sheep..
    Jesus became human so that we here on earth could relate to him as a man.. While on this earth, he was not perfect.. He did become angry, he did have his moment of weakness.. That is what makes him relatable to us.. Sometimes it is hard to relate to an all powerful creator, but it's easier to feel closer to an actual physical being.. That is what Jesus chose to be while on this earth..
    I do not think that following Christ is a form of idol worship...
    IN MY OPINION..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• by: sahmamax2
    Jesus IS God so that is the difference."

. People read a book and so quickly believe in it, yet see no problem in worshipping this man? He is the very definition of an idol.

You have made it clear you are only going to believe this and nothing else so why ask the question? You aren't looking for answers or you would not give your statement in this manner.

As for followiing a book quickly. There was a question not too long ago asked to Christians if the bible didn't exsist would they believe and Christians were able to say personal experience would still allow them to beleive in God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• In the mind of a Christian, Jesus IS God, in the mind of a Christian there is proof in the very air out lungs are filled with. Many Christians have studied the bible. A Christian believes that Jesus is the Son of Man, Jesus is God, He is one with the Father. Therefore, NO, a Christian is not blindly following Christ in a idol worship type manner. YOU have the right to believe they are, but that is judgemental and assumptions galore

. Greetings and May Jesus enter your heart and fill it with love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• "You have made it clear you are only going to believe this and nothing else so why ask the question? You aren't looking for answers or you would not give your statement in this manner. "

I know people don't like it when the questions continue. But I can't help it....all answers just cause me to question more b/c none of it makes sense to me.
    Sorry if that is annoying to you.

And if the bible didn't exist, no one would know about any God existing in the first place, IMO. How could one say they would still believe in a God, when they wouldn't even know the word "God" without the bible? And Jesus wouldn't even be a thought in anyone's mind without the stories written in the bible about him.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 3, 2010