schwan's

anyone order from them...is it good

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to,and then a bunch of people in town got food poisoning from a particular truck,so now I'm hesitant.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I used to buy from them every week. All of their stuff was good but it is also pretty pricey!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Yep! They come every other week and I usually get a few things-- like french toast sticks, pizza, sometimes pigs in blankets. They are good, but pricey. I also wish they had more variety for their pint-size ice cream, they used to have chocolate, vanilla and pistachio-- but not anymore.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• My dd used to order from them. They guaranteed her if she didn't like something they would take it back and give her something else. She complained. They never came back. She kept calling and they said they would come back but never did. So if you like it, I guess it's good but if you don't they don't stand by their guarantee, or at least her sales person didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• No---it is expensive and I am sure they don't use healthy recipes. Can you imagine all the salt and the fat and the high fructose corn syrup in their stuff? Ewwww. I cook at home. Never ever would I be so lazy to order food from them or any other source.Yi can make your family healthy meals at home. Don't fill them full of crap.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• it tastes really good = great customer service - very expensive compared to the grocery store. / i am in ohio as far as the good service goes.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• We used to. Their stuff is pretty tasty but it is expensive. That is why we have stopped buying for now.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• I used to maaaaany years ago when we lived up in Maine. We lived out in the boonies and it was wonderful to have Schwann's deliver good-tasting food to us once a month for the same amount of money it would have cost in gas, time, and cost of those foods in a store. We never, ever had a lick of trouble from their foods in all the years we bought from them up there and it was nice to keep our freezer full of 'just-in-case' foods if I didn't feel like making a full meal or if the power went out in the winter snow storms.
    Down here in VA we live close to stores so it would just be a waste of money for us.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• It's fairly typical frozen food. Some of the stuff IS better than what's available at the grocery store, but it's not any healthier - still loaded with sodium, fat, etc. A nice treat, but terribly expensive. Unless you can afford to blow your grocery budget, it's not worth it. If you have to watch how much you spend every month, it's not for you. I'll usually order once every year or two years when we have a big bonus or commission, but it's only a few certain things. It's very easy to order more than you think/realize, which makes your bill really high. I think it's funny, people think their ice cream is the most amazing, I live 20 miles from where it's made, my cousin used to make it, and it's the same recipe as a grocery store's generic line which is about 1/10th the price and just as good, if not better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Hey there,

Why don't you see for yourself? You can see our entire inventory online at www.schwans.com. Click on the Reviews button to read feedback on each item and don't forget to check out our online discounts by clicking on the Specials Tab. There's no minimum order amount and no obligations to make future orders.

We also offer a new line of portion controlled LiveSmart products that contain zero trans fat, are lower in sodium and have fewer calories.

ButterflyBlue19, I haven't heard any reports of food poisoning but please email at kim@schwans.com to report a problem. We stand by our satisfaction guarantee and I'm always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Kim
    Community Manager, Social Media
    Schwan's Home Service

www.schwans.com
    www.facebook.com/schwans
    www.twitter.com/schwans
    Schwans

Answer by Schwans at 12:45 PM on Jun. 6, 2010