Concerns about vaccines

HI everyone,
I am a first time mommy and have some concerns about all the immunizations they give kids now a days. I know that I am not going to allow all of them, but need to find out more information on each vaccine. I know that it is not good to have certain vaccines mixed together and they should be given as seperate shots instead, but i just don't see how it's necessary to give a 1 day old baby the hep B shot. Anyone know where I can get more info? I don't want to talk to the pediatrition because they are just going to tell me that they are all safe and very important. I don't know about all of you but it seems like we were healthier as kids than kids today. We got the chicken pox and were fine we didn't need all these different vaccines and there was a lot less childhood illnesses when we were young. You hear about autism and ADHD so much more ofen now. Call me paranoid but this is how I feel, any advise is appreciated

vboyde

Asked by vboyde at 9:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd read Dr Sears Vaccine book.. very helpful
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• They give them the hep b shot because they are in a disgusting germ filled hospital. I get my kids shots on my schedule. They don't get the flu shot, pneumonia shot, h1n1, the rest of them are delayed. My second daughter didn't get her shots until after she was showing signs of autism. Your doctor can give you a paper to read on each of the shots before you get them. Ever book you get is going to show a different shot schedule, do it on your schedule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Naturally you're not old enough to be in my dad's generation (early 60's). If you pick any vaccination to get for your kid, I hope it's the Polio one.

The stuff my folks said about going to school each new year and looking to see which kids died that summer from Polio (being their normal yearly routine) is just scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• Dirty hospitals have NOTHING to do with Hep B. Your newborn baby is NOT going to be having promiscous sex, injecting street drugs or eating poo infested with Hep B (which is how it's spread). You have EVERY right to refuse this vaccine at birth. My OB doesn't even give them at birth.

Check out the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears as the first poster mentioned. He has a fantastic alternate schedule. It's also very informative. You can also check out the thinktwice.com website for info concerning vaccine ingredients and other vaccine info. Make sure your pedi is on board so you're not hounded into vaccinating on schedule if you don't want to. And don't let anyone tell you your kid can't attend school or daycare...EVERY state has a waiver of some sort...you just have to find which ones your state allows. My 22 month old is not current (we stopped at 6 months) and is in daycare. So keep that in mind.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• This whooplah about not vaccinating your kids really took off after some bad research was conducted. I recommend reading "Autism's False Prophets". It illuminates the benefits to civilization over vaccinations and the fatal effects of refusing them.
    Anonymous